BECKET J. JONES
Becket J. Jones
Criminal Defense Attorney
425 S Westnedge Ave,
Kalamazoo, MI 49007
Attorney Becket Jones grew up in Lansing, Michigan. He graduated from Michigan State University in 2004 with a Bachelor’s Degree while studying under the Evans Scholarship, a four-year, full-tuition scholarship. From there he went to obtain his Juris Doctorate from Thomas M.Cooley Law School in 2009.
Since beginning his career with Hills at Law, P.C. in 2011, Mr. Jones has been active in the local legal community, serving as Chairperson for the Young Lawyers Section of the Kalamazoo County Bar Association from 2011-2013, being an active Board Member of the Kalamazoo County Bar Association from 2012-2018, and serving as Secretary, Vice President and President of the Kalamazoo County Trial Lawyers Association. Mr. Jones has also served on the Board of Directors for El Concilio and Pretty Lake Camp within Kalamazoo County, and has served as a both a Head Coach and Assistant Coach of the Kalamazoo Central High School Mock Trial Team since 2011.
Mr. Jones’ practice of law covers the spectrum of criminal defense, and has included representation on minor traffic tickets at the state level up to federal criminal death penalty eligible charges, and everything in between. Mr. Jones also has considerable experience in a number of tangential areas, including civil forfeiture, expungements, Central Registry issues, Sex Offender Registry issues, and driver’s license restoration.
- State Bar of Michigan (2011 – Present)
- Federal Bar – Western District of Michigan (2018 – Present)
- Federal Bar Association (2012 – Present)
- Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan (2012 – Present)
- Kalamazoo County Trial Lawyers Association (President 2014-2015, Member since 2011)
- Kalamazoo County Bar Association (Board Member 2012-2018, Member since 2011)
- St. Joseph County Bar Association (2017 – Present)
- Van Buren County Bar Association (2017- Present)
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Federal Criminal Defense
- State Criminal Defense
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School – Juris Doctorate (2009)
Michigan State University – Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration Pre-Law (2004)
BAR & COURT ADMISSIONS
- State Bar of Michigan
- Federal Bar – Western District of Michigan
- Nottawaseppi Huron Band of the Potawatomi Tribal Court
CONTINUING LEGAL EDUCATION
- Hillman Trial Advocacy Program
– Basic Program (2012)
– Advanced Program (2019)
- Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan Trial College (2015)
- Advanced Training on Standard Field Sobriety Testing – Alcohol / Drug Testing (2017)
I highly recommend this law office. I was represented by Beckett Jones. He did a phenomenal job! My case was dismissed!A. K.
I worked with Becket on a license issue- this guy is a rockstar. He was the kind of attorney that everyone hopes for when they sign up with someone- He’s on the younger side, so he operates like he’s still trying to make a reputation for himself- but I’m confident he’s making one pretty quickly. He was professional, blunt, and legitimately fought for me.
He made the process as smooth as possible. I’ve been extremely impressed, and would highly recommend him for any circumstance.D. C.
Great lawyers. Really helped my fiance and myself with a hard situation. We definitely worth the money spent. Very friendly and always there when you have questions. Becket Jones is a great lawyer.Ashley L.
Extremely professional office, who genuinely care about helping their clients. Several lawyers have us their cell phone numbers. They called back within 30 minutes of my initial call and saw us the same day. Our urgency became theirs. Atty Jones made himself available the next day for Court. He was very knowledgeable in navigating the court system. We could not be more pleased with his representation.Anonymous