Who is a victim for purposes of restitution?
Crime Victim Rights Act and RestitutionThe Crime Victim Rights Act (CVRA) grants victims of crime the right to restitution for their losses incurred due to a defendant’s...
Jim and Mike pose for a photo after completing some renovations on their historic building in downtown Kalamazoo, Michigan.
Hills Law has 4.9 Stars on Google Reviews. Check out what people are saying about us.
"Mike Hills is the best attorney by far. He gets back to you in a timely manner and answers your questions with a down to earth way. He and his staff make you feel right at home and put you at ease from the first conversation. I will be recommending him to anyone who finds themselves with a legal problem! Thank you very much for your help." Sincerely Leslie E
"I highly recommend the Hills Law Firm! You have questions? They have answers! The Hills Law Firm is professional, thorough, and sedulous. They have what it takes to get the job done. Call them today!"
Best Wishes, Jonathon V
"I couldn't have asked for a better firm than HILLS AT LAW! They were highly recommended from a dear friend and I am very pleased with the outcome. Jessica LaFond is an awesome attorney! Don't underestimate her abilities in the court room. She did her research, came prepared and handled her business. If you find yourself in a pinch, Hills Law offices is the place for you." Sylvia W
James Hills given Fox Award for Trial Advocacy. Pictured above: Michael Hills, Michigan Supreme Court Justice Richard Bernstein, James Hills
Criminal Defense Attorneys Serving Kalamazoo County
The criminal defense attorneys of Hills at Law, P.C. have been protecting southwest Michigan citizens' rights for over four decades from our office in Kalamazoo. Our experience covers the spectrum from misdemeanors such as drunk driving, domestic violence, and possession of marijuana to felonies including criminal sexual conduct, murder, delivery of drugs, and every crime in between.
We aggressively defend individuals and organizations in a wide variety of criminal matters at every stage of the process: from before charges are issued, through the trial process, and, when necessary, through the appellate process. Our attorneys protect and defend clients in State and Federal courts in Kalamazoo and throughout southwest Michigan.Our criminal defense specialties include:
- Michigan Driver's License Restoration
Our Kalamazoo law firm is committed to providing clients with personalized representation and we work together with our staff and investigators to provide superior representation. Our depth of experience in handling even the most complicated matters qualifies us to handle your defense, no matter what type of criminal charges are involved.
If you think that you are under criminal investigation and police are questioning you, do not wait to be charged before hiring an attorney. By obtaining representation during the investigation process, our experienced criminal defense lawyers can often prevent charges from being filed in the first place.
By retaining the services of one of our criminal defense attorneys before you are charged or arrested, you'll have the advantage of a lawyer with expertise in the area pertaining to your defense and who is thoroughly familiar with Michigan's criminal code.
- Criminal Defense Attorney’s of Michigan Fall Conference, Traverse City Michigan, November 2016
- Coming Together Conference, Kalamazoo October 2016
- Michigan Association of Treatment Court Professionals March 2016; Grand Rapids Michigan - Michael D. Hills, Jessica E. LaFond
- Trial College; Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan, Lansing Michigan - August 2015
- Federal Training; criminal history scoring/career offender and new issues relative to predicate convictions. Grand Rapids, Michigan, July 2015
- 2015 Michigan Association of Treatment Court Professionals Conference - Michael Hills presenter
- Criminal Defense Attorney's of Michigan's Fall Conference, Traverse City Michigan, November 2014
- "Zealous Advocacy in Sexual Assault & Child Victims Cases" National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyer's Defending Sex Crimes Conference, Las Vegas Nevada November 2014
- "Forensic Toxicology for Attorneys 2014: Alcohol, Drugs & How to Use and Expert" Presented by Dr. John Vasiliades, DABFT, DABCC, Lab Director, Tox Labs in Omaha, NE August 2014
- "Incentive and Sanctions Training; National Association of Drug Court Professionals" Presented by Helen Harberts, M.S., J.D.; Terrance Walton, NDCI Faculty April 2014
- "Criminal History in Sentencing - Descamps, Its Changes, and Where the Supreme Court May Go Next" Presented by Paresh Patel, Appellate Attorney, Federal Public Defender’s Office, District of Maryland, Greenbelt, MD April 2014
- Michigan Association of Drug Court Professionals, Michigan Conference March 2014
- Presentation: "Forensic Psychiatry, Criminal Competencies and Malingering," William J. Sanders, D.O., M.S March 2014
Southwest Michigan Counties Served
The criminal defense attorneys of Hills at Law, P.C. represent clients in State and Federal courts throughout eight southwest Michigan counties, including:
The sooner you seek legal assistance, the better your lawyer can protect you. Don't wait to be arrested, and don't wait to be charged—let us help you now.
Contact Hills at Law, P.C. today for the most experienced and aggressive criminal defense attorneys in Kalamazoo.