JAMES D. HILLS
James D. Hills
Criminal Defense Attorney
425 S Westnedge Ave,
Kalamazoo, MI 49007
Currently, Jim claims he is semi-retired. He is still active in the firm, assisting associate attorneys with their files. Jim is always available to help in any way he can, except of course, when he is in Mexico.
Jim has always volunteered for the benefit of his community. Jim has taught law classes at the Sheriff’s Department, participated in numerous mock trials – including for the Police Academy cadets for the last 10 years. He has also sponsored and coached rocket football, baseball, soccer teams: always the volunteer to help and never asking anything in return.
- Sworn into the state bar of Michigan by Judge Raymond Fox in 1966
- JAG office at Fort Benning, Georgia
- Tried cases in 18 counties in Michigan as well as Florida, Louisiana, and Tennessee in both state and federal courts
- 1979 – present: Limited practice to criminal cases both state and federal. Also represented clients charged with criminal offenses in the state courts of Indiana, Tennessee, Louisiana and Florida
- 1970 – present: Private practice handling civil and criminal cases
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Federal Criminal Defense
- State Criminal Defense
- Valparaiso School of Law Valparaiso, Indiana Juris Doctor 1965
- Western Michigan University Kalamazoo, Michigan Bachelor of Arts 1962
PROFESSIONIAL LAW CAREER
- Member of the Kalamazoo Trial Lawyers Association
- Past state secretary of the Fraternal Order of Police Associates
- Lecturer at classes for Kalamazoo County Sheriff s Department Reserves Participant in mock trials for American Civil Liberties Union
- 1979 – 1982 Sponsor of a NASCAR race team on the Winston (now Nextel) Cup Circuit 1982 – 1983 Sponsor of Portage High School Junior Varsity Club teams
- Past Commissioner of AYSO in Portage, Michigan Supporter of Mendon football teams in Mendon, Michigan
I highly recommend this law office. I was represented by Beckett Jones. He did a phenomenal job! My case was dismissed!
I worked with Becket on a license issue- this guy is a rockstar. He was the kind of attorney that everyone hopes for when they sign up with someone- He’s on the younger side, so he operates like he’s still trying to make a reputation for himself- but I’m confident he’s making one pretty quickly. He was professional, blunt, and legitimately fought for me.
He made the process as smooth as possible. I’ve been extremely impressed, and would highly recommend him for any circumstance.
Great lawyers. Really helped my fiance and myself with a hard situation. We definitely worth the money spent. Very friendly and always there when you have questions. Becket Jones is a great lawyer.
Extremely professional office, who genuinely care about helping their clients. Several lawyers have us their cell phone numbers. They called back within 30 minutes of my initial call and saw us the same day. Our urgency became theirs. Atty Jones made himself available the next day for Court. He was very knowledgeable in navigating the court system. We could not be more pleased with his representation.