LUCY J. DEHAAN
Lucy J. DeHaan
Criminal Defense Attorney
425 S Westnedge Ave,
Kalamazoo, MI 49007
Lucy DeHaan grew up in Kalamazoo, attending Loy Norrix High School before moving to East Lansing to attend Michigan State University for both her Bachelor’s Degree and Juris Doctorate. While in law school, she completed internships with the public defender’s office in Lenawee County and the prosecutor’s office in Kalamazoo County, so she understands the inner workings of the criminal legal system from both perspectives. After graduating law school, Lucy returned to Kalamazoo where she spent two years as an assistant public defender at Kalamazoo Defender.
Lucy DeHaan has exclusively practiced criminal defense since becoming licensed in 2019. She has experience representing clients on a wide variety of criminal charges, from drunk driving and drug possession, to domestic violence and assault.
- State Bar of Michigan
- Kalamazoo County Bar Association – Speaker Series Committee Member
- Kalamazoo County Trial Lawyers Association – Member
- JD, summa cum laude, Michigan State University College of Law
- BA with honors, Michigan State University
JUDICIAL INTERNSHIPS / FELLOWSHIPS
- Hillman Trial Advocacy Program — Basic Program (2020)
- Judicial Intern for Honorable Curtis J. Bell, Kalamazoo County Probate Court (2018)